CIRCLES

A life begins a circle wide

A loop opened the first time I cried

In this vast thing called the world

With pride and joy, I was handed roles

 

A daughter, a sister, a friend - I was taught to play

They said be good, be great - that's the way

I followed, I endured each strain

But why? To me, no one could explain

 

A-mother, a-worker, a-warrior too

Each circle tightens as I pursued

Only a blind heart, I was not shown

How to be a-live, and how to make my life my own

 

Now I stand in the middle of all these circles

Cycles, lots of them are just cycles

In each, I see mistakes, triumphs, tears

All the joy and all the fear

 

In each circle's path, I carried the weight

But in the biggest one, I contemplate

This CIRCLE is not yet full

Some strings I can still pull

 

Other loops await, they wait in line,

For me to close in perfect time

With this knowing, one thing is true

I can return, I can renew

 

A better mother, a better person, or maybe even a better wife

But first, I must choose a better LIFE

To live, not just to survive the role

To nurture the heart and to feed the soul

Comments