Tales of a Drunk Writer-Wannabe

I’ve been trying hard to find Chardonnay from under Mama’s bed… I know my Mom has deliberately hid this from me because I know, as usual, she wants to send this off to her kins to the Philippines. But I have to find Chardonnay. I need him right now. I can only accomplish the next few things that I have to do if I find Chardonnay. Finding him lies the fulfillment of my whole life’s aspirations.

An ambition to contribute a write-up for a site that I have joined lately. I couldn’t understand why, for the so many poems and stories I’ve already written, I feel like there’s a big wall that’s blocking my view from where I am at right now. I feel so pressured and because of this I couldn’t squeeze something out from my mind.

I tried to talk to Asus. He has proven himself to be a reliable and loyal friend these days. In fact, I am so used to talking and being with him everyday that I shiver when I do not commune with him. But at this point, even Asus couldn’t be of help. He even suggested that I sneak out a white wire to plug my ears so I can listen to deafening mp3’s so I can somehow spark something up. But it’s no use.

So now that I’ve finally found Chardonnay, I gobbled him up like crazy, so excited for the spark to happen, so hoping for him to give me a story I could write. Yeah, I’ve already started one story, but it’s funny coz I’ve already finished half of Chardonnay but I still don’t know what the story is gonna be about. Asus is also trying to keep up with me, but I feel like even if I finish Chardonnay, I won’t be able to make a sense out of my story. I try to rest for a while, close my eyes but every time I do that, I feel like I am being sucked by a tornado, not upwards but downward. My mind is spinning round, my eyes are in circles…

With all hopes down low, I feel like I have to surrender to my bed and get the sleep I wanted. I’ll just try to go back to the story I’m trying to finish. But because I still have all the guts through Chardonnay’s spirit in my being, I’ll post this “thing” I just composed and hope something good comes out from it. (hik!)

To view comments for this post, please click: http://www.filipinowriter.com/isang-lasing-na-writer-wannabe

Comments